Scope of Our Services
Log my Care operates a platform that allows social care providers to manage the care of their clients. The Carer App enables the care staff of social care providers (“Users”) to access and add to the care and personal records of individuals that they care for (“Service Users”) on mobile devices. Through the Care Office Website, managers of care homes or those deemed responsible enough to have administrator access (“Managers”) can manage access rights to the System and the profiles of Users and Service Users.
The Information We Collect
When you access the Care Office and/or use our Services, there are a number of ways in which you provide information and other data to us. You may be asked to provide us with the following personal information: 1) full name, 2) email address, 3) address, 4) photos, 5) date of birth, 6) medical history 7) other care documents and information. Users may be required to input information for their Service Users, this may include providing detailed information on their medical history. By accessing the Care Office/Carer App, you consent to us processing and collecting this data, on the terms and for the reasons which are explained below.
How Your Information is Used
As is true of most Websites/Apps, it will be possible to gather information from your computer or device such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, operating system and other information. This information may be used to:
- create your personal Log my Care profile;
- enable communication between all users;
- enhance user experience and improve our Website/App;
- drive future product development in line with customer platform and technology use;
- when you are using the Care Office, send you push notifications. If you do not wish to receive these notifications, you can amend your settings from your account with the Care Office and contact us at [email protected] to request no further notifications;
- send out a newsletter, service alerts or marketing communications;
- respond to your questions and concerns.
Certain features of the Care Office/Carer App (such as uploading or downloading content) may need to access information on your device in order to work. By using such functionality, you consent to Log my Care accessing your device and information. If we can, we will ask you before the Care Office/Carer App accesses your device or information. You may also manage how the Care Office/Carer App accesses your device or information using privacy settings on your mobile device or by uninstalling the Care Office/Carer App.
How to Edit, Delete or Access Your Information
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information that we hold about you, to correct any inaccuracies and to update any out-of-date information. You can also ask us not to send you direct marketing communications. However please note that we may continue to send you service-related i.e. non-marketing communications. If you wish to exercise any of these rights or wish to object to our use of your personal information, please write to us at [email protected]
Sharing Your Information
Except as described below, we will not share your information with any third parties. We may disclose the information you provide us:
- to other Users and Managers from your Organisation and their respective Service Users;
- to our APIs including but not limited to Intercom and Google Analytics;
- to any of our group companies (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006);
- as required by law, any Website/App regulation to protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves or others. This may include disclosing to other companies and organisations in connection with fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- if LMC Software Ltd is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, to any prospective seller or buyer of all (or part of) our business or assets. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information;
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
We may contact you from time to time about Log my Care, including marketing messages relating to Log my Care. We will do this electronically, for example by email, text, notifications or other messages on your Care Office/Carer App or mobile device or by telephone or post. We may contact you with information about our products and services (and those of specially selected parties that may be of interest to you) in line with your marketing contact preferences provided to us either through the Care Office/Carer App or by emailing us. All such communications will come from LMC Software Ltd. You may tell us at any time if you do not wish to receive marketing messages from us by contacting us at the email below or by following any instructions we may include in the messages we send to you.
Use of Location Data
The Care Office/Carer App may make use of location data sent from your mobile device. You can turn off this functionality at any time by turning off the location services settings for Log my Care on your mobile device. If you use these services, you consent to us and our partners’ and licensees’ transmission, collection, maintenance, processing and use of your location data and queries to provide and improve location-based and road traffic-based products and services. You may withdraw this consent at any time by turning off the location services setting on your mobile device.
Syncing with Other Apps
The Care Office/Carer App may enable a User to sync their Care Office/Carer App with the camera feature on their device. Photos will be stored in the Care Office/Carer App and not on users’ devices. We may ask permission to sync with your camera on your device to:
- enable uploading your photos into the care record of Service Users;
- scan barcodes of medications, stickers or other products.
- By using the Care Office/Carer App, you accept that:
- other Log my Care Users, Managers and Administrators from your Organisation will have access to the uploaded photos;
- if you sync your camera with the Care Office/Carer App, you consent to us accessing your photos and storing the photos solely for the purposes described above. We will not collect or store any names, emails, addresses or other contact information from your device. If you do not want to use this feature or do not want your photos to be uploaded or accessed in any way you may unsubscribe from our services.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at [email protected] The Act and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and the GDPR.
You also have the right to:
- ACCESS to the information that we hold about you.
- BE INFORMED of what data we hold and the purpose for processing the data as a whole or in parts,
- ERASURE – request to be forgotten (this is not an absolute right) by ourselves and our affiliates.
- RECTIFICATION – have any information that we hold about you that is incorrect or incomplete be rectified by ourselves and affiliates.
- RESTRICT PROCESSING of the information we hold about you (so that inaccuracies may be corrected etc).
- OBJECT to the processing of your data.
- DATA PORTABILITY – you can obtain and reuse the information that we hold about you.
- You may revoke your consent at any time by emailing us.